Took a day off and then another

Yesterday, Saturday was a grocery shopping day and then off to the Walla Walla Quilt show. The quilts were amazing. There are so many talented people out there. I am a novice quilter and have a few unfinished project awaiting my nimble fingers. Maybe later when it gets cold and I have to play inside.

No work on the house on Saturday. Then Sunday comes around. Lynn was slow moving this morning and I could tell he just wasn’t wanting to go out there. He said everything was hurting. So I thought I would go give some attention to the garage door while the bees were still too cold to be buzzing around, as there are two hives just above the door. Got the green part painted and will save the white part until later in the day.

Next I went inside the house and started scraping in the next post. I was waiting on Lynn to get moving. Finally, around 10:00 he meandered over after giving the horse her treats and moving sprinklers in the pasture. I helped him get all he tools together and after a few more rest periods at 11:00 he got in the lift to work on the house. Guess what, it wouldn’t work!! The upper boom would go up slowly, but the lower boom made the noise like it was trying to lift, but didn’t budge. Tried re-leveling it, and everything except the lower boom would work. At this point, I had just about run out of patients. Sun Rental is not open on the weekends so it will be tomorrow before we can get it even looked at. Lynn will be calling them in the morning. As for me, I will be going to work. No need for me to mope around the house. I am focused on getting all the lift work done, then working on the bottom part.

Ugh, to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Well, I did get Lynn to help in gluing one of the sides of the post together and we intend to put together the opposite side in an hour or so. At least something will be accomplished. In the meantime I am going to tape the garage door and get ready to do the white trim. No pictures of the house today so I will just post a photo of me and my love Sadie. We lost her in January of this year and I believe the photo of me was taken in November of 2011. Also, a couple of quilts that I liked at the quilt shoe.

Annie, The frustrated novice carpenter.

Sadie and I November 2011
Stairs and Iris’

Elk Quilt