Its Sunday evening after a productive but tiring weekend. Needed to put up the medicine cabinets and the mirrors and get the vanities ready for the plumber to install.
We decided to tackle the biggest tasks first. Moving the 370 pound vanity. That actually was the easiest thing we did. Hanging the corner medicine cabinets and mirrors turned out to be a challenge. But the biggest challenge was the small medicine cabinet in the upstairs main bath which eluded all easy ways to hang-it in drywall. Went through a couple of toggle and molly bolts before we finally just decided to drill a hole and toggle it through the nailer in the back. Sometimes 3 heads are just too many to try to do something simple. We all over-thought it. But we had muscle with my baby boy Steven. He also became the gopher making several trips to the hardware store. He’s learning a lot from Lynn as long as one is the teacher and one is the student.
Unfortunately, Steven is seeing our limitations. But it definitely helped having some help, I couldn’t have done it myself. Lynn is very hesitant to take any help so that is one obstacle I have a hard time working around. He also saw his limitations this weekend. He got really tired after about 3 hours in the house yesterday. Today he just spent a little time when Steven and I needed a third set of eyes to figure out what we were doing wrong.
In the meantime I found time to stain some of the upstairs bottom railings and top railings. The masking and protecting the walls and climbing up and down the ladders really did this poor-old-body in. It will definitely be an Excedrin night.
Now for the pictures.
The stairs are progressing. Forgot to take pictures of the railings. Next time.
Mirror mirror on the wall, whose the tiredest of the them all.
Annie, the mirror hanger.