I haven’t posted in about 3 weeks as I have been having very little movement on the part of the contractors. This project, for them, is winding down and they have moved on with other projects. As much as I try to focus on the positive and I love my contractors, I am beginning to get a little anxious. So in some of this post you will sense my frustration with the process and how long it is taking. But there are still things that have to be done before the final inspection.
The plumbers have got to hook up all the vanities, tubs, drains, kitchen sink, dishwasher and shower. We ran into a snag when the tub was unpacked, it had a crack so it went back and we are waiting for its replacement which I hope will be in this week. They worked last Saturday, but I had purchased 3 wrong faucets and had to return them and get new ones which I did immediately. Tho they were able to get some of the other faucets and the water heater installed, they still need to finish. Now I have the new faucets and am chomping at the bit to get done already. They are supposed to be here on Monday.
Also the floor contractor has almost finished putting in all the carpet except the living room. He has to also finish grouting the shower. He will be here on Monday, also, and will be focusing on the living room carpet which is a floral design which will make matching seams a challenge.
Shower almost finished
S & K Mountain Construction and Hays Electric have been wonderful, but some of the subcontractors are being a little challenging. There was obviously some miscommunication with reference to the stair parts that were supplied. The staircase is very complicated and now a question with reference to whether the full stair will be supplied or whether there will be carpet put there instead. I thought when you purchased stairs, that meant the complete riser and bull-nose step. They are telling me that they understood that I was going to put a runner down the steps and only furnished the end caps and that the rest would be carpeted. This is where the misunderstanding needs to be ironed out. But first we have to have a meeting to go over this, and the supplier cancelled (or was a no-show) to the meeting that was scheduled last Wednesday.
The key being the runner. The runner I had in mind was bound along the sides and went over the steps leaving about 6″ on each side exposed. But nothing can be decided until we meet so that is going to be my focus beginning Monday. I will let you know how it turns out. Here is where we stand now.
In the mean time, I worked for about 3 hours today staining the railings that I didn’t get to before it was assembled. That takes more prep work than I like, but it has to be done, so there you go! Tomorrow I hope to finish at least that project.
Other things that are going on is building a fence for the back yard so Kenzie can be secured safely. That requires post holes being dug. Lucky me I have a well-able-bodied-post-hole-digger, Steven. It brings back memories of when he was a teen, and the never-ending post holes that he had to dig. He almost has it down to an art form. We are talking big post holes for railroad ties. I believe he has 3 or 4 left to dig, then muscling the posts into the holes. I think that will be a two person project. Then the 4 rails to match the front pasture.
I will post more pictures of the claw-foot tub faucets and the post holes and fence as it progresses.
That all for now.
Annie, the project sub-manager & stair-fighter.
One thought on “I so want to be done with this almost 20 year project. Ugh!!”
Pingback: I so want to be done with this almost 20 year project. Ugh!! | 15yearsandcountingdream