A busy and frustrating couple of weeks

Last week I didn’t post any updates as I went out of town to by beautiful granddaughter’s graduation.  I am so proud of her.  She has really grown into a beautiful young lady, inside and out.  It also gave me a chance to spend some time with my oldest son, John in North Bend.  It was absolutely stunning there.  Green and beautiful.

John's house in North Bend
John’s house in North Bend
Another view of the John's house.  Every thing was so green and luscious
Another view of John’s house. Every thing was so green and luscious
Not sure what this is, but it looked like a wild golden raspberry.  If anyone know, please tell me.  John didn't know.
Not sure what this is, but it looked like a wild golden raspberry. If anyone knows, please tell me. John didn’t know.

The reason for my frustration was more mower problems.  You would think with all the dead mowers we have, that we would have the parts to fix ours, but I guess that is not the case.  Which tells me that when given the chance we (I) will be clearing some of those off the property.  Maybe I can catch Lynn sleeping and and twitch my nose and, poof, they will all disappear!!  Anyway, he is keeping Troy busy trying to keep the main two running.  They think they have it figured out!!

In the meantime, the yard got way too tall for my comfort level, so I took my trusty little weed whacker and chopped a bunch of the weeds down.  Unfortunately, it got hot outside, and my knee has been giving me a lot of trouble, so I wasn’t able to get everything I wanted done.  My thought was to cut the whole back yard down with the whacker, (did that).  Then go over it with the lawn self-propelled mower, but I didn’t get that far.  I am really going to pay for this weekend.  My knee was just beginning to be a little less sore, and my physical therapy isn’t until the end of the month.  But I’m afraid I just moved myself two steps backwards.

I have this obsession with having a beautiful yard.  I grew up in Detroit pretty much without a yard, so that is something I have always wanted.  Then when I moved out here 27 years ago and we started building the dream home, my heart wasn’t in really planting and growing things, because I knew that we would be moving into our dream home.  Now that I am in the dream home, I don’t appear to have anymore patience for waiting on it to all come together.  I am just this much closer to a beautiful yard.  And I want it done NOW.  Throwing a little tantrum here.  🙂

Side yard taken probably June 5

Side yard taken probably June 5

Halfway there.
Halfway there.
Side of the house
Side of the house

With that being said, I did take a little time yesterday morning to go to the “Love of Junk” sale outside of Walla Walla.  It was great, I could have stayed there all day, but Lynn didn’t much care for it.  Said it was mostly girl stuff.  Oh!  Well next year I will leave him at home, and I will get to spend the whole day.

I did find me a treasure, that will be going in my sewing room.  My thoughts were to have a “daybed” with pillows and such all over it.  Found this brass bed frame and it just fit the bill.

My brass daybed treasure.
My brass daybed treasure.

Another thing I did on Friday evening was to go to the “Relay for Life” event.  The past two years I have stayed over night and got a lot of walking in.  This time my knee wouldn’t let me, and I spent a sleepless night paying for what I did walk.  But it was so worth it.  As I walked laps I said prayers for all those that have been lost to this dreaded disease.  Most recently, Ray Ferrer (artist) that passed away last month.  He was such an inspiration, and he really fought hard, and my heart cried for him and his beautiful family.  I prayed for my wonderful Aunt that is still fighting the battle, along with my good friend Mary.

To round off the weekend, I was able to plant some Zenia’s, and that just made me feel good inside.

Got some Zenia's for the front porch
Got some Zenia’s for the front porch
Some Zenia's in front of the rosebush
Some Zenia’s in front of the rosebush

So tell me how your weekend went.  I honestly think we should work 2 days and get 5 days off.  With the same pay, of course.

Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next weekend.

Annie, the weed whacking diva 🙂

7 thoughts on “A busy and frustrating couple of weeks

  1. Pingback: A busy and frustrating couple of weeks | 15yearsandcountingdream

  2. Can I ever relate! If the yard isn’t green, I get grumpy. And the doc has roared, “Stay out of the heat!” But it’s just too tempting. One yellow blade and I’m dragging that hose. Wonder what they’ll put on my tombstone….

  3. I know just what you mean about wanting that beautiful yard – right NOW! 🙂 Hang in there – it will happen. So good to see you at the event Saturday and so happy you found a treasure you couldn’t live without. Love that brass bed!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.